We invite you to join us for the 2017 dance: made in canada/fait au canada Festival (d:mic/fac) running from August 17 – 20 at the Betty Oliphant Theatre in Toronto. Over two dozen Canadian artists will perform in three different programs of the festival: Mainstage, What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG), and Arts Encounters.
– Complexe R – Alexandra Lande/Ebnflōh Dance Company (Montreal, Quebec)
– Live From the Flash Pan – Mocean Dance (Halifax, Nova Scotia)
– Container – Action at a Distance / Vanessa Goodman (Vancouver, British Columbia)
– Crépuscule – Marie-Josée Chartier (Toronto, Ontario)
– Messages to an Audience – Naomi Brand (Vancouver, British Columbia)
– Welcome to Our Home – Tangled – Hanna Kiel / Human Body Expression (Toronto, Ontario)
– The Eventual DeExpression of RGS2 – Compagnie ODD/Yvonne Coutts (Ottawa, Ontario)
– the way we are – Alias Dance Project (Toronto, Ontario)
– Chorus II – Sasha Kleinplatz (Montreal, Quebec)
What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG)
– Frankenstein Fragments – Lucy Rupert/ Blue Ceiling dance (Toronto, Ontario)
– The Four Elements – Angela Blumberg (Toronto, Ontario)
– Reloaded – Jasmyn Fyffe Dance (Toronto, Ontario)
– Caveat – Good Women Dance Collective (Edmonton, Alberta)
– Fadeout – Anne-Flore de Rochambeau (Montreal, Quebec)
Post – Shows Chats
– August 18, 8:00 pm – Yvonne Coutts, Lauren Cook and Sasha Kleinplatz, Desnoyers Series, post-show chat moderated by: Sara Coffin
– August 19, 5:00 pm – Rhonda Baker, Alexandra Landé and
Vanessa Goodman, Parent Series, post-show chat moderated by: Shannon Litzenberger
– August 19, 8:00 pm – Marie-Josée Chartier, Hanna Kiel and Naomi Brand, Morrison Series, post-show chat moderated by: Natasha Finlay
– Textile Art: Echoes of Welcome to Our Home created by Susan Kendal is a series of Textile Art works that respond to Hanna Kiel’s work in the Mainstage Series Using soft sculpture, embroidery, and weaving, Kendal will create literal and abstract echoes of the structure, movement and theme of the dance work.
– art made with code: Exquisite Consequence created by Luke Garwood is an onsite, interactive installation in which participants have the ability to contribute a line of movement to a cumulative dance work.
– By Invitation Only: Dance, Confederation and Reconciliation (Dance Collection Danse Exhibit): A co-presentation with Dance Collections Danse & a co-curation by Amy Bowring and Troy Emery Twigg. Ballroom dance was used in nation building… and nation building led to banning Indigenous dance. A dynamic array of imagery and artifacts illuminate these two narratives seldom heard in the Confederation story. Join DCD as we explore the intersections of dance and Confederation.
– You&Us: Created by Cara Spooner, You&Us is a 360° choreography made with professional and non-professional performers and filmed in Virtual Reality (VR). You&Us, a commission by d:mic/fac was created in partnership with Workman Arts.
Thursday, August 17 | 8:15 pm
Saturday, August 19 | 6:15 pm
Sunday, August 20 | 3:15 pm
Saturday, August 19 | 3:15 pm & 8:15 pm
Sunday, August 20 | 6:15 pm
DanceFilms at The Blake
Location: The Blake House (across the street from The Betty Oliphant Theatre)
Friday, August 18 | 10:15 pm
Friday, August 18 | 8:15 pm
For more information about the artist line-up and the festival, click here –https://
MainStage ticket packages for the d:mic/fac festival 2017 are on sale NOW! With the purchase of one of our affordable MainStage ticket packages, you get the best deal in town with the most flexibility.
Purchasing a ticket package will get you a pre-set number of tickets at a discounted price, and you can use them how you choose. By mixing and matching your tickets to the performances of your choice, you can see what you’d like on your own, or bring your friends with you, all with one package.
In addition to the flexibility that our ticket packs offer, the other added bonus of these tickets packs is the transferability! Split the cost with your friends, and share the tickets from the pack to see whatever you want.
Purchase your ticket package online now: https://