Toronto Dance Theatre invites proposals from Toronto-based dance artists wishing to pursue a short Creation Residency at the Winchester St. Theatre, Toronto. The residency is open to professional artists working in any movement form.
The theatre will be made available to successful applicants, free of charge, for the purpose of creative rehearsals during the weeks of June 11-15 and June 18-22, 2018 (full schedule below). This is a great opportunity to research and create work in a large, bright theatre space.
Artists will have use of house rehearsal sound system and work light (the studio is very bright in June) but will not have access to theatrical lighting instruments or other technical elements.
TDT welcomes applications from gender non-conforming/trans, LGBTQ+, visible minorities and indigenous artists. The Winchester St. Theatre is unfortunately not barrier-free and the theatre grid cannot support rigging for aerial work.
Applications must be submitted electronically. To apply, please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: 2018 Creation Residency) by Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5 PM:
- A brief description of the project you will be working on (100 words max);
- A link to an online example of your work;
- Clearly specify, in order of preference, the times and dates that you would use the space. Projects can request multiple time blocks, which may be allocated to selected proposals according to availability.
- Monday June 11 – Friday June 18 from 9 AM – 1 PM
- Monday June 11 – Friday June 18 from 1 PM – 5 PM
- Monday June 18 – Friday June 22 from 9 AM – 1 PM
- Monday June 18 – Friday June 22 from 1 PM- 5 PM
Please submit applications by Friday, March 23, 2018 at 5 PM. Artists will receive notification by Friday, April 6, 2018. Any questions regarding this call for proposals can be directed to email@example.com.